John F. Kennedy Middle School
School Counseling Office
(860) 628-3275, x 14006
Instructions to access student information in PowerSchool - click here
- Counseling services are available to all students during their middle school experience.
- Counselors provide individual, group, and crisis counseling for students.
- Counselors serve as consultants to parents, teachers, and administrators regarding test interpretation, career planning, and academic progress and placement.
- Counselors provide developmental services that will assist all students in reaching their maximum academic, social, and personal potential.
- Counselors provide schoolwide classroom activities for all students, as defined in Southington K - 12 Developmental Guidance Curriculum, 2005.
The services offered by the J.F.K School Counselors assist in students' development of a positive and realistic self concept, as part of their educational experience. These self concepts will help them understand and accept themselves, and others, in relation to the world in which we live. The implementation of the schoolwide Guidance Curriculum intends to inspire students to make effective decisions, assist in developing their philosophies of life, and can lead to continued learning in the areas of individual needs and interests.
To set up a student account on Naviance click here: http://connection.naviance.com/jfkms