Yellow Team Academics
6th grade math curriculum uses the Connected Math Program which is language based and organized into various units. The students are learning the pre-algebra process for completing math problems.
6th grade science curriculum is based on the state standards for science. The four main concepts we cover in class are: Weather, Earth's Changing Surface, Earth and Solar System & Water: the Human Impact.
6th grade social studies curriculum is aligned with the state standards for social studies. The units include: Map Skills (integrated throughout the year), Canada, Southeast Asia (with an emphasis on China and Japan), & Europe. Current events will also be included when relevant.
6th grade language encompasses reading, writing, listening & speaking skills. The Reader's and Writer's Workshop Model is used. We will utilize mentor texts to model exemplary reading and writing techniques.
Classroom Expectations ~ Our team expectations are based upon DePaolo Patriot Pride:
Take Pride in Yourself...
- Be on time with materials
- Listen and follow directions
- Participate actively
- Strive for excellence
- Complete all in and out of class assignments
- Inform teachers in advance if you will miss class time
Take Pride in Each Other...
- Be courteous
- Keep hands, feet & objects to yourself ~ respect personal space
- Respect other people's property
Take Pride in Your School...
- If required by teacher, keep book covered
- Use classroom materials appropriately
- Leave classroom in good condition
- Keep desks and walls free of graffiti
- Recycle appropriately