Joseph A. DePaolo
Students engage in a range of educational experiences to become informed, adaptive, problem solvers who effectively communicate, rise to challenges, and are committed to improve themselves and their communities.
Attention 8th Grade Parents
Each teacher has made online course recommendations for the 2023-2024 school year.
Please log into PowerSchool starting on February 16 to view and accept these recommendations by February 21.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the teachers who made the recommendation.
Attached is the registration information for all 8th grade students entering 9th grade.
Click above to access the program of studies
Course Registration timeline
- Jan 11 - Course Fair - 6pm at SHS
- Feb 8-14 - High school students and parents complete online course selections and acceptance of level recommendations
- Feb 16-21 - Middle school students and parents complete online course selections and acceptance of level recommendations
- Feb 15-Mar 21 - High school counselors meet with current 9, 10, and 11 students to finalize recommendations and registrations
- Feb 22-Mar 22 - Middle school counselors meet with current 8th grade students to finalize recommendations
The Southington Public School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Non-discrimination Statement
Special Needs Registry
The Town of Southington in conjunction with the Commission of DisAbilities has established a Special Needs Registry at the Southington Police Department dispatch center to assist residents with special needs in the event of emergency or evacuation. Special needs flyer
Chris Palmieri, Principal
Karen Stafko, Secretary
Robert Lasbury, Asst. Principal
Courtney Green, Secretary
385 Pleasant Street
Southington, CT 06489
Regular School Hours-
8:05 am - 2:40 pm