Usernames & Passwords
9TH GRADE ACADEMY GOOGLE CLASSROOM
CLASSROOM CODE: UBJGBZM
HERE YOU WILL FIND:
• OUR NAVIANCE LESSON WITH THE ASSIGNED TASKS
• SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION FOR FRESHMAN
• COLLEGE AND CAREER PLANNING INFORMATION AND ADVICE • AND MORE!
WE WILL USE THIS TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU REGARDING MULTIPLE TOPICS & OPPORTUNITIES.
POWERSCHOOL & COMPUTER ACCESS
USERNAME & PASSWORD FOR:
• COMPUTER ACCESS
• WIFI ACCESS (SPS-WIFI)
USERNAME: firstname.lastname (only 1st 9 letters of each)*
* On a Chromeboook, your Username will be email@example.com
- Students coming from JFK & JAD will use the same password from last year.
- NEW STUDENTS TO SOUTHINGTON SCHOOLS: YOUR TEMPORARY PASSWORD IS FIRST THREE LETTERS OF LASTNAME ID# ! EX. BUG1234567!
- LOG-ON TO A SCHOOL PC (NOT A CHROMEBOOK)...YOU WILL THEN BE PROMPTED TO CHANGE PASSWORD TO A PERMANENT ONE.
• PASSWORD REQUIREMENTS:
• AT LEAST 1 CAPITAL LETTER
• AT LEAST 1 NUMBER
• AT LEAST 8 CHARACTERS IN TOTAL
• CANNOT BE YOUR NAME
• MUST BE DIFFERENT THAN LAST 3 SCHOOL PASSWORDS
Once the permanent password has been created, you will use the following to access Google Drive.
• Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Password: (permanent password you created)
Southington Public Schools is excited to announce that all students, grades 6 -12 , now have access to Office 365 . Office 365 will include a Southington Schools student email account, as well as tools for students to collaboratively create, edit and share files for school related assignments with other student and teachers. Office 365 provides students with 24/7 cloud access to the latest digital tools to use at school and at home on any Internet connected device. Students will have access to these tools while they are enrolled in Southington Public Schools and/or as long as the program continues.. The benefits of Office 365 include :
Productivity Tools/Cloud Storage
- Access to the latest version of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as 1 TB of storage space on OneDrive...
- Microsoft Outlook access from anywhere (PC, tablets, mobile phones), which includes Outlook Email and Calendar, providing the ability to organize schedules, activities, and assignments, and an official school email address for better communication between students and teachers.
- For all active students, Office 365 can be installed on up to 5 PCs/Macs and 5 mobile devices at no cost.*
* Please note: Microsoft limits this option to students age 13 and above.. In addition, Southington Schools does not provide technical support for students’’ personal devices or computers. Please contact Office 365 for assistance with personal devices.
- Students will be able to use the email account to communicate with students and teachers only.
- Emails can only be received or sent from southingtonschools.org email addresses .
- Southington Public School district cannot and does not guarantee the security of electronic files located on Microsoft systems.. Although Microsoft and Southington Schools do have powerful content filters in place for email, the District cannot assure that users will not be exposed to unsolicited information...
Guidelines for responsible use of Microsoft 365 for Education by students:
- Technology use in the Southington Public School district is governed by federal laws, including: Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) & Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- While using resources provided by Southington Public Schools, students must comply with the district Acceptable Use Policy...
- Access to and use of student email is considered a privilege accorded at the discretion of the Southington Public School District. The District reserves the right to access any Southington Schools district account,, including current and archival files of user accounts , when there is reasonable suspicion that unacceptable use,, violations of law or district policies have occurred.. All email messages may be reviewed by the District at any time.. In such cases,, the alleged violation will be referred to a building Administrator for further investigation and adjudication..
- The general right of privacy will be extended to the extent possible in the electronic environment.. Southington Public School District and all electronic users should treat electronically stored information in individuals'' files as confidential and private.. However,, users of district email are strictly prohibited from accessing files and information other than their own .
- School email addresses are a privilege that may be revoked if necessary .
- Office 365 Email Opting - Out : Parents who do not wish their students to have access to Southington Schools email via Office 365 must opt-out.
Access to Office 365 for students is available through any Internet connected device. Apps are also available to download for iPads, iPhones, and Android devices (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)...
Students should follow the steps below to access their Office 365 account:
1.. Open a web browser...Go to www.office.com. A shortcut is also provided on most SPS devices.
2. Students will sign to Office 365 using their current school credentials. (first email@example.com)
3.. This will bring you to the Southington Schools login screen. Login again using your Southington Schools account..
4.. You will see the Office 365 apps available to the student, as well as the option to install on additional devices..
5.. Outlook will bring the student to their Southington Schools email account .
6.. Outlook Email can also be accessed by typing mail.southingtonschools.org in any browser..
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Technology department at 860-628- 3200 x360...