Naviance Parent Registration Codes:
Students were provided their registration codes in middle school and parents can access their code two ways:
1) Parents/guardians with an updated email address in Powerschool will receive an email containing their password and directions to register; This email was sent 9/12/18 for parents/guardians of current 9th graders.
2) Students can login to their Naviance Student account and access the message containing the parent/guardian registration codes.
We are truly excited about the opportunities and experience this tool will provide our students and families.
The emails you receive from firstname.lastname@example.org is NOT spam. (You may need to check your spam folder)
We take pride in supporting our students with their journey in developing their academic and social potential. Early planning can guide students’ experiences in high school and help them make informed educational decisions.
CHET Advance Scholarship is a program offered by the Connecticut State Treasurer’s Office to help students pay for college. This academic year, CHET Advance will award up to $500,000 in scholarships during the Fall of 2018.
A total of 200 scholarships are available. Up to 100 scholarships will be awarded to high school SENIORS, and up to 100 scholarships will be awarded to high school FRESHMEN.
For freshmen, $2,000 will be set aside initially, and each student has the opportunity to receive an additional $500 match for a total award of $2,500. To qualify for the match, the student’s family must contribute $500 to their own CHET 529 college savings account for the winning student, by the time the student graduates from high school.
- MATH LAB- Need extra help in Math? Visit room E280 during your LUNCH or STUDY HALL, periods 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8 (New).A Math teacher is available to provide you with assistance.
- LITERACY/WRITING LAB- Located in the Media Center Periods 1-8.
(These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Southington Public Schools of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Southington Public Schools bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.)
A) Homework- Daily assignments, long -term projects, ex. Math: pg.24 1-25, odd #; These assignments are recorded in the student's Agenda (assignment notebook).
B) Classroom Preparation- The act of studying. Involves organization of notebook, graded assignments/tests/quizzes, identifying areas of weakness, making arrangements to stay after school with teacher for extra help.
4) Students should spend a minimum of 90 minutes a day on homework and classroom preparation. The average student has a study every three days, just enough time to organize their notebooks & Agenda.
5) STUDENTS NEED ROUTINES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Course Selection Information
Click Below to View: