DECA and FBLA Informational Flyer
Mrs. Teresa Brooks and Mrs. Sandra Spinello, DECA Advisors
Mrs. Joy Cooney, FBLA Advisor
DECA is a student organization that prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
DECA’s comprehensive learning program
- integrates into classroom instruction
- applies learning
- connects to business
- promotes competition
DECA prepares the next generation to be
- academically prepared
- community oriented
- professionally responsible
- experienced leaders
DECA also operates the school store and is open to all students in grades 9-12.
FBLA’s mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.
FBLA’s programs focus on:
- Leadership Development—members develop essential soft skills by holding chapter officer positions at the local, state, and national levels; by networking with accomplished business professionals; and by participating in business-focused workshops, seminars, and academic competitions.
- Academic Competitions—members demonstrate their business expertise at high-profile regional, state, and national competitive events. The top students are recognized with trophies and cash awards.
- Educational Programs—members create career portfolios, enhance their knowledge with world-recognized skills certifications, and have access to select college scholarships.
- Membership Benefits—members receive exclusive discounts and enhanced benefits for travel, education, and more.
- Community Service—members work with Junior Achievement to educate elementary-aged students about the importance of economic principles.
- Awards & Recognition—members build a portfolio of accomplishments with a wide range of awards programs.