Southington High School
720 Pleasant Street, Southington, CT 06489
PH: 860-628-3229 FX: 860-628-3397
Attendance: 860-628-3229 x11256
CLASS OF 2020 GRADUATION CEREMONIES POSTPONED – Due to the recent storm, the resulting wide spread damage and the unfavorable forecast for Friday, Graduation Exercises for the Class of 2020 will be held on the previously announced rain date of Saturday August 8, 2020. The four ceremonies will proceed using the same times and procedures previously published.
As we approach our graduation date, it’s time for one last reminder/update.
August 8 - sessions are at 9AM, noon, 3PM and 6PM. If weather forces a postponement of any session, we will post it on the SPS website and also send an e-mail to all parents.
- You and your graduate should arrive 30 - 40 minutes before their ceremony is set to begin. Times are posted on the Southington High School website. There will be a check-in table for graduates manned by Mr. Halloran in the front of the building. Each procession will begin walking roughly 10 minutes before the ceremony is ready to start. DO NOT BE LATE.
- Handicapped parking will be available in front of the AgSci building, all other cars must park in the front parking lot. All cars will enter the parking lot from Flanders St. and exit onto Pleasant St.
- All audience members must wear a mask during the proceedings. Please sit only in the seats marked with an X on the home side bleachers, which will allow us to maintain social distancing. There will also be some handicapped chairs available on the field.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, please plan on meeting your graduate in the main parking lot in the front of the building.
- Due to time constraints there will be no picture taking allowed on the field or in the back-parking lot at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- We anticipate little time in between ceremonies and therefore respectfully request that you exit the parking lot in short order.
Graduates: Check in with Mr. Halloran in front of entrance #1 as soon as you arrive.
DO NOT FORGET
- Your cap AND gown
- Your mask. (You must keep it on for the whole ceremony).
- To have your tassel hanging to the right
- That you will have to hold onto anything you bring for the whole ceremony. There is no access to the building.
- To enjoy the next stage of your life! It has taken a long time to get here. Celebrate the moment with your family and friends safely!
We will be there to help you figure out where to sit. When your name is called out by your class officer, please proceed to the podium to pick up your diploma. Each ceremony will last approximately 75 minutes if all goes as planned. You can meet your parents in the front parking lot. Shortly after you leave, the next group will be heading in.
The virtual graduation program will be available on the Southington High School YouTube channel.
If you know that your graduate is unable to attend our ceremony, please notify Diane Angelillo at 860-628-3229 X 11229 to arrange a pick-up of their diploma.
Southington Public Schools complete listing of online summer school courses for high school students.
June 4, 2020- View Mr. Pepe speak about graduation, caps and gowns and more. More information and details will be shared in the near future. (page updated June 18, 2020)
SHS recently created and uploaded three videos to its newly created YouTube Channel. They are: the Blue Knights Marching Band Memorial Day performance, our 2020 senior car parade and our brand new 2020 Freshman Orientation Tour. Please subscribe to our Southington High School YouTube channel and you will be notified when the newest uploads happen.Enjoy the videos and your summer!
World Language Summer Resources 2020
Social Studies Packets 2020
Directions to Students and Parents for Summer Reading 2020.
To include your soon to be graduate for the Roads to be Traveled slideshow, please email a picture to email@example.com with your child’s name. Don’t forget to include the school he/she will attend and/or field of study. Feel free to capture the moment of a military enlistment or athletic signing! Let’s celebrate what all your seniors will be doing! (Note: Sending in a photo is also giving parental consent to use the student’s photo, name and other information provided.)
The 2020-2021 Program of Studies is now available. Please click here to access the file.
A graduate of the Southington Public Schools will be college or career ready and prepared for life beyond by mastering the knowledge and demonstrating the skills to communicate effectively, think creatively and critically, and contribute to the global community.
Art Rich Photography is NOW BOOKING PORTRAITS FOR SENIORS - CLASS OF 2021!
Our response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation changing every day, we cannot guarantee that any yearbook pictures can be taken in the month of September. Therefore, senior pictures MUST be photographed in the month of August. We will do our best to accommodate those who may not be available during August. Art Rich Photography, along with the school wants to make this a memorable yearbook and see all students represented!
There are three options for senior yearbook photos.
1. Studio Sessions:
These are extended sessions at Art Rich Photography. Yearbook photos and casual photos will be taken. Please call the studio for more information, spaces are extremely limited, sessions are first come first served basis.
Don’t wait book your appointment today. Please call us at (860) 621-6711.
Southington High School Dress Code:
Girls: Must appear neat wearing a dark solid long sleeve shirt (absolutely no cleavage or undergarments revealing) Please no off the shoulder tops. Please avoid any makeup bronzers or highlighters. We suggest using some face powder to avoid any shine that may occur in the photos.
Boys: Must appear neat wearing a dark solid collared button down shirt with or without a jacket & tie.
Hair is your responsibility! (Photographers DO NOT fix hair or clothing)
Any student NOT following dress code may be subject to a retake resulting in additional fees.
Glasses: We try our best to photograph you with your glasses and avoid glass glare, however we recommend alternative options such as wearing empty frames or contacts. This recommendation is to help you avoid any extra retouching costs.
The Southington Public School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Non-discrimination Statement
August 7 - Graduation