Southington High School
720 Pleasant Street, Southington, CT 06489
PH: 860-628-3229 FX: 860-628-3397
Attendance: 860-628-3229 x11256
Today is Monday, March 8, 2021. It is a "B" day.
Cohorts B and C are in school and A is remote.
Mr. Pepe released his newest PSA on March 5.
2021 NGSS Science Assessment
Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Assessment
Who – all Juniors: 492 (approximately 70 students per day x 7 days) *Students will test 1 day with their cohort group as of 1/19/21
*Students scheduled for Friday 2/19 will now test on Tuesday 3/9
*Remote students should plan to come in on their assigned day and can return home for remote learning after test completion.
Students can access the testing assignment dates through the Canvas daily announcements.
What – State of CT mandated science assessment. To be done completely online with embedded accommodations.
Where – Library in socially distanced individual student desks (Library closed for testing periods 1-3 each test day)
When – Periods 1-3. Thurs 2/18, Fri 2/19, Mon 2/22, Tues 2/23, Thur 2/25, Fri 2/26, Mon 3/1, Tues 3/2 (make up day)
What to bring:
- School Issued Device (Chromebook, Dell, HP) FULLY CHARGED
- If you have yet to pick up your school issued device, please contact the school to arrange a time prior to your NGSS test date
- Charging Cable
- Plug in Headphones
Attention seniors: The scholarship application deadline has been extended to March 8th. Applications can be dropped off in the Main Office until 3:30 pm. updated 3/5/2021
The SHS Scholarship information including the presentation slides, the scholarship book and applications are now available by following this link.
The 2021 SHS Virtual Course Fair is available through our Southington High School YouTube channel. This year's course fair is for ALL students (grades 9-11) who will attend SHS next year. The department presentations will be available all spring for those who'd like to revisit the information. Check out the SHS YouTube Channel and subscribe to get notifications of upcoming events.
Course Selection Worksheets:
2020-2021 Middle School and High School
Course Selection Timeline
- January 1-8 - Course Fair: Program of Studies is available online and course selection materials will be distributed to students.
- January 14 - Virtual Course Fair for SHS
- February 3rd - High School semester 1 grades due
- February 5th - High School Teachers enter course recommendations online by February 5th.
- February 12th - Middle School Teachers enter course recommendations online by February 12th.
- February 8-17th - High School students and parents complete online course selections and acceptance of level recommendations.
- February 17-24 - Middle School students and parents complete online course selections and acceptance of level recommendations.
- February 18 – March 17th - High School counselors meet with current 9, 10, and 11 students to finalize recommendations and registrations.
- February 25-March 17th - Counselors meet with current 8th grade students to finalize recommendations
- July 17th - All changes to schedules must be completed.
- Each period of the day there is a teacher assigned to the Math Lab and Writing Lab to assist students with questions and work. Please take advantage by joining these virtual Google Meets. Just drop in!
- Math Lab - use the code: mathlab
- Writing Lab - use the code: shswritinglab
- Members of SHS's National Honor Society are virtually available to help support students with their academics. Tutoring occurs each Tuesday from 2:15 - 3:15pm. Please use this link to sign up for an appointment - National Honor Society Tutoring Sign Up
Please see the codes below as they relate to daily attendance. To report an absence, email: email@example.com
|AB||Absent||You were absent with parent permission|
|AV||Absent Verified||You were absent with doctor/court note or religious/funeral|
|UNV||Unverified||You were missing from class|
|RP||Remote Present||You are present in class and attending remotely|
|RAU||Remote Absent Unverified||You were supposed to attend remotely, but either didn’t show up or showed for less than 2/3 of the class. This will be changed to a CUT at the end of the day, unless a parent/guardian contacts the attendance office.|
|RAB||Remote Absent Verified||An excused remote absence. If you miss a remote class and have a valid reason. It will only be issued if your parent/guardian contacts the attendance office.|
|TRP||Temporary Remote Present||If you have been quarantined from school on a day you would normally be attending in-person. It can also be used if your parent/guardian contacts our attendance office and indicates a circumstance that justifies a temporary change. Ex-You are sick for a day and will participate online.|
If a student needs help with their SPS Device, please review the information on the Technical Support page and submit a support request.
Please subscribe to our Southington High School YouTube channel and you will be notified when the newest uploads happen. Make sure you watch the new 2020 Freshman Orientation video!
Order your student’s yearbook online at http://jostensyearbooks.com/?REF=A01079900 and visit the Chronicle’s website at https://sites.google.com/southingtonschools.org/sh... for more information.
A graduate of the Southington Public Schools will be college or career ready and prepared for life beyond by mastering the knowledge and demonstrating the skills to communicate effectively, think creatively and critically, and contribute to the global community.
The Southington Public School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Click here for the Non-discrimination Statement.