Benefits of a Comprehensive School Counseling Program
Making a Difference...
Beneficial Outcomes of a Comprehensive School Counseling Program
- Students succeeding and improving their academic performance
- Social skills and relationships growing and becoming stronger
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills being defined and utilized
- Instilling greater motivation towards future goals and teaching the necessary tools for success
- Parents receiving more opportunities for home-school interactions
- Integral in developing a safer and more positive school climate for student learning
- Establishing student connections and advocacy
- Emphasizing the importance of asset-building and "Character Counts"
- Providing resources and information within the Southington community
- Showing all children that we care about them, their school, and their town
Resource: Comprehensive School Counseling: A Guide to Comprehensive School Counseling Program Development, State of Connecticut/State Board of Education, 2008