Library Media Center
Click HERE to read our school newspaper, Eyewitness Kids News, written by a team of 5th grade volunteers.
- Links for Books and Reading
- Information Resources
- Keyboarding Practice
- Digital Classroom/Digital Field Trips
- Library Policies and Vision
1. Destiny (Library Catalogue)
2. FollettShelf (Ebook Collection)
3. Seussville (Dr. Seuss Fun!)
6. Match Books to Categories (More Dewey Practice)
7. Storyline Online (Listen to Stories Online)
8. Storynory (Free Audio Stories)
9. Nutmeg Award (Information about the Nutmeg Book Award)
|1. Magic Paint||2. Make A Pizza||3. Make A Cupcake||4. Build A House|
|5. Make A Robot||6. Make A Skateboard||7. Fridge Fun||8. Make A Face|
1. Keyboard Zoo
A Little Harder:
5. Jump Key
8. Sky Chase
1. Nitro Type (At school, play as a GUEST - NO EXCEPTIONS)
2. Key Hero
3. Typing Test
In Class Practice ONLY:
(To be recorded on typing logs)
Grades 2 - 3: DanceMat Typing
Grades 4 - 5:
The Library Media Center serves as the school’s physical and virtual center for active and engaged learning. As an integral part of the school community, the program supports student achievement through inquiry-based instruction, collaborative learning and innovative thinking, with a focus on literacies for the digital age.
Students visit the library media center two times each week: once for a library media lesson and once for book selection.
Library media lessons cover four main goals:
- Inquiry-based learning (research) and communicating new knowledge
- Digital citizenship
- Developing technology skills and understanding concepts
- Reading for pleasure and personal growth
Sites I Like
Use the evaluation sheet to decide if these are just right sites for YOU!
Red Light, Yellow Light, Green Light....
Things for Sale