Camp Invention 2018
It is with great pleasure to announce the return of a mid-summer classic. For the fifth straight year, young inventors will be offered another great opportunity to exercise their curiosity. Camp Invention promotes 21st century skills and engages children in higher-order hands-on activities. Camp Invention is a non-profit organization that brings innovative ideas and allows young learners to explore through inquiry. This year's theme is 'Fast Forward' and offers new activities that will get boys and girls to spend time exploring connections between science, technology, engineering and innovation. Children will work together to seek solutions to real-world problems and sharpen critical 21st century learning skills while rotating through several fascinating modules.
**February 22, 2018 NEWS ALERT!**
There is currently a wait list for this year's program
You may still register and should anyone need to cancel then you may be contacted in order of those who appear on the wait list first.
This year's modules include activities that involve the following:
- Design tracks for their bots to follow while exploring different modes of transportation
- Explore impact sensors using a small-scale crash test dummy
- Discover how sensors are used in autonomous vehicles
- Personalize their own line tracing robot to take home
Robotic Pet Vet
- Use tools to take apart robotic dogs and compare their inner mechanics to the anatomy and physiology of a real dog
- Explore spatial reasoning and design engineering as they construct a dog park
- Analyze simple machines and circuits used to make the dog move, bark and light up
- Customize their own robotic dog to take home
- Make their own take-home mini mansions
- Discover the Internet of Things and how smart devices are connected and controlled
- Explore renewable sources to power up their eco-smart mini mansions
- Change letters into numbers using binary code to create a message
- Make their own dancing dinosaur using a mechanical gear box in the “Dance to Your Own Beat” challenge
- Create a robotic arm to retrieve silver coins in the “Silver lining” challenge
- Build a plush cupcake catapult in the “It Will Be a Piece of Cake” challenge
- Explore chemistry, non-Newtonian fluids and magnetism as they investigate magnetic slime
For those that are making a return to this year's program a $35 alumni discount is offered until February 9th. Last year's program reached maximum enrollment by March 9th, so be sure to register ASAP! Hope to see you there this year!
Click the image below to register for this year's exciting opportunity.
|Who: || Children entering grades K-6 |
| When:|| July 30th - August 3rd, 2018|
| Where:|| Strong Elementary School**|
| Times:|| 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
**Strong Elementary School will have several air-conditioned rooms.
The program offers several breaks in between modules.
Students will need to provide their own lunches.
Transportation is not provided.
For Middle Schoolers....
The Camp Invention Counselor-in-Training (CIT) position is an ideal summer opportunity for junior high students (youths entering grades 7, 8, and 9) who are looking to build leadership skills in a dynamic, invention-based setting with children entering grades 1-6. CITs will be mentored by a specially assigned Leadership Intern that has received leadership training and certification from Camp Invention. Each Leadership Intern is paired up to two CITs and work closely on a daily basis with his or her assigned CITs to help them develop their own leadership skills and style. The Leadership Intern will coach and mentor the CIT to build skills that he or she can practice and apply immediately to empower Camp Invention participants to be critical thinkers, creative problem solvers and innovative inventors.
A Counselor-in-Training has the opportunity to make a lifelong impression on a younger child and may be one of the main reasons they select a career in Science, Technology or Invention!