Training for Tomorrow
Training For Tomorrow
Southington High School and The Southington Chamber of Commerce are teaming together to provide students a valuable learning experience in the business marketplace. Our co-sponsored program, Training for Tomorrow, matches students and their career interests in an internship or shadow opportunity with a local business. The program supports students’ choices for a fulfilling and enriching career in the future.
- The internship program can vary from a one-day job shadow to a 9-week experience depending on the business.
- The first step is for the student to complete an application available in the School Counseling office or at https://sites.google.com/a/southingtonschools.org/... and submit it , along with your resume, to the School Counseling office.
- Based on your career interests, you will be matched with a business in that specific industry.
- An employee with that particular business will conduct an interview with the student. Upon being selected for an internship, the student will be briefed on the details of the work and expectations in the workplace of that particular company.
- Students will communicate details of their internship and their work experience to Mrs. Carmody and Ms. Patten in School Counseling.
- The business will be asked to constructively review the students' performance in the workplace.
- Many students are able to secure professional references for their resumes and in some cases, jobs with the business where they interned.