New Grade 11 CT- SAT
School Day SAT Information
All 11th grade students are required to take the School Day administration of the SAT. Throughout the State of CT, the SAT has replaced the Smarter Balanced Assessment as the high school accountability measure and is a component of the graduation requirement. Please review the information below to help you and your child prepare for this assessment and special schedule day. As more detailed information becomes available, it will be posted below:
- 11th Grade Parent Information Letter- Click here for the letter.
- Special Bus Schedule (Grades 9, 10, 12)
- Grade 11 will come to school at regular time. The standard bus schedule will be in effect.
- Grades 9, 10,12-a 2nd bus run, for Southington residents with standard transportation, will pick up students later in the morning and drop them at SHS by 11:35. Click here for the schedule and times.
- Out of district and specialty transportation will run on a normal schedule and these students will have alternative programming or a study period in the cafe or assigned room from 7:30-11:45. Non-testing Ag Sci students must report to the AgSci building and check in with staff. Click here for the schedule and times.
- SAT Family Brochure-This CT document is intended to give a general overview and answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the In School SAT administration. Click here for the brochure.
- Connecticut and the SAT-This College Board website provides additional information and supports for the transition to the SAT. https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/state-partnerships/connecticut
- SAT Practice - Khan Academy - All students can access Khan Academy’s world-class personalized SAT practice resources for free. These interactive resources complement and reinforce the great work already happening in Connecticut classrooms with official SAT practice questions and full-length tests. https://www.khanacademy.org/sat