***Attention Seniors: Southington High School does not send SAT/ACT test scores with your transcript. You are responsible for requesting the testing companies to send scores directly to the colleges of your choice.***
College Application Procedure For
Post Secondary Planning and College Application Process PowerPoint
Naviance Application Procedure Summary:
1. Go to the Common Application www.commonapp.org . You will need to create an account with a username and password in order to complete the privacy notice on Naviance. You must create a Common Application account even if you are not using the Common Application to apply to your colleges.
2. Log on to http://connection.naviance.com/Southington using your Naviance username and password. (See your counselor if you need help)
3. Go to the Colleges tab in Naviance and click on Colleges I’m Applying To.
4. Complete the privacy notice using your Common Application username and password. (it is recommended to waive the right to access your recommendations and application information)
5. Please do the following under the Colleges I’m Applying To tab:
a. add schools – Click add to this list to pick the schools that you plan to apply
to so you can begin to track your application status. You must list all the
colleges that you are applying to in order to have your recommendations
and transcripts sent.
b. To request teacher recommendations – Click add/cancel requests under
the Recommendations heading to formally request a teacher’s
recommendation letter. **Only do this after you have asked that individual in
person and they said “yes.”** Please check the individual college website to
determine how many letters of recommendation are required.
6. Submit a completed Southington High School Senior Request For Transcript Form to the Guidance Office a minimum of 3 weeks before your application deadline.
7. Provide the teachers and counselor that are writing your letters of recommendation a completed Brag Sheet and activities resume. You will need to complete two brag sheets, one for teachers and one for your counselor.
8. If you have submitted your transcript request form to the guidance office prior to
the end of the first quarter, we will automatically send your first quarter grades
to your colleges.
**If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Guidance Department.**