Camp Invention 2017
It is with great pleasure to announce the return of a mid-summer classic. For the fourth straight year, young inventors will be offered another great opportunity to exercise their curiosity. Camp Invention promotes 21st century skills and engages children in higher-order hands-on activities. Camp Invention is a non-profit organization that brings innovative ideas and allows young learners to explore through inquiry. This year's theme is 'Launch' and offers new activities that will get boys and girls to spend time exploring connections between science, technology, engineering and innovation. Children will work together to seek solutions to real-world problems and sharpen critical 21st century learning skills while rotating through several fascinating modules.
***News Alert!!*** As of March 9th there is a wait list for Camp Invention
This year's modules include activities that involve the following:
Duct Tape Billionaire
- Engage creative thinking to design and build their own duct tape creations
- Explore invention from a real-world point of view
- Practice the same skills entrepreneurs use to launch a new product
- Experience power of rocket science by building and launching rubber band rockets
- Discover that NASA engineers, and National Inventors Hall of Fame Inductees, have develop telescopes, micro-camera for Mars rovers, and instruments that investigate planted outside our solar system
- Work together to grow real plants as well as their interest in science and space
- Apply Engineering skills to create a castle from cardboard and design a pulley system to raise the flag
- Build an air cannon that demonstrates how air moves in response to force
- Explore aerodynamics to blast water rockets made from plastic bottles more than 50 feet into the air
- Take apart non-working machines and devices to investigate their inner operations
- Explore how the mechanical and electrical machine parts might be used in a Spy Gadget Alarm Box
- Sketch a schematic of their Alarm Box circuit designs
For those that are making a return to this year's program a $35 alumni discount is offered until February 10th. Last year's program filled to the maximum capacity, so be sure to register ASAP! Hope to see you there this year!
Click the image below to register for this year's exciting opportunity.
|Who:||Children entering grades K-6|
|When:||July 31st - August 4th, 2017|
|Where:||Strong Elementary School**|
|Times:||9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
**Strong Elementary School will have several air-conditioned rooms.
The program offers several breaks in between modules.
Students will need to provide their own lunches.
Transportation is not provided.
'Launch' Module Videos
(click the links below)
For Middle Schoolers....
The Camp Invention Counselor-in-Training (CIT) position is an ideal summer opportunity for junior high students (youths entering grades 7, 8, and 9) who are looking to build leadership skills in a dynamic, invention-based setting with children entering grades 1-6. CITs will be mentored by a specially assigned Leadership Intern that has received leadership training and certification from Camp Invention. Each Leadership Intern is paired up to two CITs and work closely on a daily basis with his or her assigned CITs to help them develop their own leadership skills and style. The Leadership Intern will coach and mentor the CIT to build skills that he or she can practice and apply immediately to empower Camp Invention participants to be critical thinkers, creative problem solvers and innovative inventors.
A Counselor-in-Training has the opportunity to make a lifelong impression on a younger child and may be one of the main reasons they select a career in Science, Technology or Invention!