- September - Interpreting Characters
- October- Reading the Weather
- November/December - Social Issues
- January - Reading and Inquiry in Content Area
- February/March - Fantasy Book Clubs-Reacting and Responding to Character Challenges Throughout Their Adventure
- March/April - Reading as Researchers-Synthesizing, Analyzing and Exploring
- September- Realistic Fiction
- October- Personal and Persuasive Essays: Boxes and Bullets and Argument Structures for Essay Writing
- Nov/Dec- The Craft of Fiction
- January-Information Writing: Building on Expository Structures to Write Lively, Voice-Filled Nonfiction Books
- February/March- Test Taking- How Does a Test Taker Take a Test in Reading and Writing
- March/April-Informational Writing: Reading, Research, and Writing in Social Studies
- May/June- Literacy Essays
- See Common Core State Standards at the following link: http://www.corestandards.org/Math/Content/4/introduction
- September- October- Volcanoes and Earthquakes
- October-November- Adaptations/Food Chains
- November/December- Electricity and Magnetism
- January-March- Force and Motion
- March-June- Erosion and Water Cycle
- September - Mapping Skills
- October / November - Southeast Region of the U.S.
- December / January - Midwest Region of the U.S.
- February / March - Southwest Region of the U.S.
- April / June -- West Region of the U.S.